Saturday, October 22, 2011

Setting Goals

My goals have been running Mud runs with obstacles - 5k (3 miles), 10k (6 miles), and 10 miles. I've done the Gladiator Rock'n Run and the Tough Mudder. My next goal is a half marathon (13.1 miles) which is on October 30, 2011. It's best when you're in a team, so you can motivate each other to workout and during the event.

Overall, mud runs are fun, but I wanted another challenge. The preparation is a struggle because of my schedule, however, my health is more important. It's the only time I get to focus on me. Hence, music gets me through my workout because it's what I enjoy the most.

Additionally, I enjoy reading articles about workouts, nutrition, and anything that is motivational. On facebook I follow My Mad Methods Magazine, Innovative Results, and Funk Volume Fitness to get tips.

Set goals, find a team, inspire each other, and work hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment